Earlier in July Guera at A Roaming Aussie Mum tagged me for the 6 Things Meme. The Roaming Aussie Mum is now back home, and her new blog design is amazing so you really should stop by and check it out. My Team Leader in the 30 Day Challenge, Lightening also tagged me and other member of the team, which was a great idea by Lightening. I will now be able to find out more about my fellow team mates!
This is challenging meme for me as I tend not to go too far into my personal life on the blog, but I thought I would give answering the questions ago. Let me know what you think!
6 places I have lived
My list is very dull compared to the well traveled Roaming Aussie Mum, and involves sometimes moving only one suburb away!
(1). Mildura – Country Victoria until I was 17 years old.
(2). Surrey Hills – Eastern suburb of Melbourne. My first share accommodation was a bit of a disaster, but I lived to tell the tale.
(3). Epping – Far north eastern suburb of Melbourne. With no part time job for a short time and still a year left at Uni, some fantastic relatives of mine, let me stay for nominal board. Did mean over 1.5hrs of public transport to uni though.
(4). Richmond – My first taste of inner city living, pretty much underneath the tracks leading into Richmond train station.
(5). Abbotsford – On suburb away from Richmond and across the road from Victoria Park (the old home ground to Collingwood Football Club).
(6). Richmond – Moved back to a suburb I loved, where we bought our first home.
(7). Surrey Hills – Moved to the burbs, to have more children. I have ended back in the first suburb that I lived in when I came to Melbourne – how scary is that!
What I was doing 10 years ago?
I was half way through my first pregnancy. I had started a new position with the large telco company that I worked for in January, so that I could obtain some people management skills. I was managing a Directory Assistance call centre (about 50 people) in Dromana. I really loved this job, but I didn’t necessarily love the 1hr and 15 min drive each way. My green conscience wouldn’t let me do that know!
5 things on my to-do list today
1. Set up Time Machine (back up facility) on my new MacBook.
2. Watch my oldest son’s football match – for so many different reasons, I haven’t made it to one game yet this season.
3. Prepare my handover list for Mr Infrastructure (we are swapping roles for a bit next week – how fun!!!!).
4. Long Term Goal Paper
5. Update Calendar with new dates.
Snacks I like to eat
1. Chocolate – as bad as this sounds, I would have a little bit every day!
2. Cut up apple, preferably Pink Lady.
3. Vegemite or Peanut butter sandwiches.
4. Nuts – pistachios, almonds or cashews
If I was a billionaire
1. Give to our family members what they need.
2. Build the completely sustainable home. I actually dream about this one frequently!
3. Travel with the kids. I would love the children to have the experience of visiting other cultures.
4. Resources for refugee children in Australia – a cause I feel passionately about.
I think tradition would have that I tag 6 bloggers now, but I have been tagging a bit lately so I have just chosen three dear friends to tag: