|Parties With Kids is your complete guide to planning your kids party. More info found here, or click to buy!|
My friend Deb’s mother in law has always made these at her children’s birthday parties. Last year I tried making them myself and have found them to be a great stand by sweet treat. I now always have a block of chocolate (replaced frequently!) in the cupboard and a packet of noodles, so I can whip them up quickly for guests if I need to. They are very tasty and it is also a treat that the kids can make by themselves.
Last time I made them, I also tried making White Chocolate Spiders. They were nice, but I think the Milk Chocolate version was better. The recipe can be found on the back of the packet of the noodles, but I have noted it below as well.
Chocolate Spiders Recipe
- 1 pkt Chang’s Original Fried Noodles (100 grams)
- 2 tbspns crunchy peanut butter
- 200 grams of chocolate (milk, dark or white – I used Cadbury)
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up chocolate into small chunks.
- Add peanut butter and melt on high for about 60 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate mixture and if it is not melted, heat for repetitive short bursts (5 – 10 secs) until the chocolate mixture has completely melted.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- On a tray lined with baking paper, spoon mixture into small mounds. Alternatively you can spoon the mixture directly into patty pans.
- Pop them into the fridge to set and you are done!
This recipe makes approx 20 Chocolate Spiders and apparently they can last in the fridge in an air tight container for two weeks – they have never lasted that long at my house!
Family Menu Plan For The Week
Baking: White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Monday: Chicken Lasagne
Tuesday: Beef Stroganoff
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry with Asian Greens
Friday: Pasta Carbonara
Saturday: Lamb Chops With Steamed Vegetables
If you like the look of this family menu plan, then you might like to use The Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. With the menu planner you can select your meals for the week and print our your own shopping list.