Cold and rainy weather has hit Melbourne, so I thought I would throw in a a salad with one of our meals, while we can still get the last remains of the summer seasonal foods.

With the exception of that meal when it came to plan for this week, it was generally of the more hearty, warming style food. As I have a distinct preference for the warmer seasons, I do take some solace that there is great food that can be cooked in the colder months.

Monday: Beef Stroganoff (Slow Cooker recipe attached)

Tuesday: Hamburgers And Salad

Wednesday:
Tuna Rice

Thursday: Spaghetti Alla Matriciana

Friday: Shepherd’s Pie

Saturday: Spicy Chutney Chicken With Mixed Rice (Recipe Attached)

Sunday:
Sausage And Vegetables

I have included the shopping list for this week’s menu plan as an excel file. The below paragraphs explain what is in the attached excel file below.

Menu Plan Shopping List 080331

It contains three separate spreadsheets. The first is named “Complete Grocery’ and it lists by supermarket aisle all the ingredients that are needed to cook the family meals for this week.

The second spreadsheet is named “Ingredient By Meal’ and it lists the ingredients that are required for the family by each individual meal this week. I have also left on the aisle and aisle subsection in this spreadsheet for reference, but if you want to print that out you will need to alter the print area.

The third spreadsheet is named “Menu Plan” and is a modified version of the menu plan that I print and place on the fridge. I have a notes section, that I like to populate with any activities that are likely to impact the evening meal routine.

Want to see what we are having next week? Subscribe to my free email updates via the “subscribe page” or from the RSS Feed icon at the top of the page.

For more menu planning ideas head on over to Laura’s place at “I’m an Organizing Junkie“.

Did you enjoy this post?
Need help getting organised? Download Guide ✼ Plan ✼ Check ✓ to get you started.
Sign up for our newsletter and get a free guide to help simplify your daily tasks.
Tags:

• Connie March 31, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I think Shepherd’s Pie is the ultimate comfort food, especially when the weather has turned colder.

Have a great week!

Connie’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday ~ March 31st

• Babyamore (Trish) March 31, 2008 at 2:19 pm

some great recipes this week … I am going to try your beef stroganoff… instead of from a packet.Thanks for sharing.

Babyamore (Trish)’s last blog post..What’s to eat …

• sherry March 31, 2008 at 2:47 pm

You have included two of my husband’s favorites this week — shepard’s pie and tuna w/ rice! I totally forgot that he loves tuna, rice, and onions — a great idea for a quick go-to meal when I make something he doesn’t like for the rest of us! (He hates anything w/ chicken)

Sherry

sherry’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday: April Edition!

• Guera March 31, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Yummy! Thanks for the recipes. We’re going in the other direction weather-wise so my hearty meals are on the way out, but I can’t resist Beef Stroganoff. I might have to cook that this week. I’ve got lots of mushrooms to use up, so it’ll be perfect.
    What kind of chutney do you use in your chicken?

Guera’s last blog post..I Swear I Didn’t Put Her Up To It

• The Carter Family--- Ashleigh April 01, 2008 at 12:42 am

Hi! Thanks for letting me know that the link to the barbecue cups wasn’t working. I got it fixed. I’m still new to this blogging thing!! Check it out if you get a chance.

Thanks again!
    Ashleigh

• Jenean April 01, 2008 at 1:17 am

Love the idea of attaching the shopping list to the menu plan! Thanks for sharing :)

Jenean’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

• sandra April 01, 2008 at 2:53 am

Yum, everything looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the recipe too….

Mine is up too

Sandra♥

sandra’s last blog post..Portuguese Rice Pudding!

• Beth April 01, 2008 at 3:44 am

Your beef stroganoff looks good. I have never tried it in the slow cooker.

Have a good week!

Beth’s last blog post..I princess

• Penny April 01, 2008 at 8:56 am

mmm chutney chick sounds good. Do you use any particular chutney? I guess a mango one would be good.

I too miss the summer produce and lighter eating. But one good thing about “winter” food is that it’s often very user friendly. I’m thinking the “put everything in a pot” type of food :)

Penny’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday on Tuesday

• Danielle April 02, 2008 at 12:41 pm

You are amazingly organized! Thanks for the recipes and shopping lists!

Danielle’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday!