Lemonade Stand is a fun two day holiday program designed to equip 9 – 12 year olds with an entrepreneurial mindset to help them succeed in this fast-moving century. They have classes running these school holidays in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
I love that Lemonade Stand isn’t about asking kids what they want to be when they grow up but asking them “what problem do you want to solve in the world?”
While the program is technology based, there is so much more than technical skills that the kids will learn. They learn how to think like a designer, how to validate the ideas they have to see if they will work, understand prototypes and learn to how to pitch their idea. I truly wished I learnt these skills as a kid!
Class sizes for Lemonade Stand are capped at 21 students. Each class has two lead facilitators plus volunteers, so there is plenty of direction and support for the kids.
On the second day the kids get to officially pitch their idea. The pitches demonstrate how much the kids have learned and applied over the two days and parents can attend the last part of the day to see the pitches.
Our daughter is attending a session in Melbourne courtesy of the team at Lemonade Stand and I am so excited to see what she will come up with and what the other kids in the class will pitch.
As a Planning with Kids reader, the team at Lemonade Stand is offering you $100 OFF their Regular priced Lemonade Stand Workshop tickets. Enter promo code ‘PWK’ at the checkout to redeem your discount. This applies to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane workshops. Get your ticket here before workshops book out!
Want to win a free ticket to a workshop in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane? Simply enter your details in the form below and let me know who in your family would love to attend a Lemonade Stand workshop.
Terms and conditions
- To enter you must complete the form below. Upon entering the competition you will be signed up to the Lemonade Stand newsletter.
- The giveaway is open to Australian residents only.
- The winner will be notified via email. You must have a valid email address to enter. If no response is received with 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- The give away will close Thu 22nd June 2017.
- The winner will be chosen by Planning With Kids based on creativity and you can only enter once.
- Please see full terms and conditions here.
You can read and watch more testimonials here and if you have any question you can contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.