Have you started your Christmas menu planning for 2022 yet? I made a start this week as I scoured the internet for Christmas menu plans for this post! I love putting together a Christmas menu plan. Besides looking at all the delicious recipes, I love it because if you put some work in a few weeks out to plan out what you will eat on Christmas day, there is so much you can actually do in lead up to the big day that takes the pressure off and means you can be more present with everyone.
Free Christmas Menu Planning Guide
I realise however that not everyone loves Christmas menu planning, so I am again posting my free Christmas Menu Planning Guide that you can download if you prefer having something to follow. It contains three complete menu plans plus a one-page checklist of what you can make ahead and when plus a shopping list for the Christmas menu plan.
Each Christmas menu plan idea is quite different – there is Paleo, Greek and a more traditional easy Christmas menu plan idea. Click here or the button below to download your free Christmas menu planning guide!
Christmas menu planning for 2022
Here are some of the best Christmas menu plans I found for 2022.
myfoodbook – Budget Christmas Menu 2022 – I know many are looking to keep to a budget for Christmas 2022 which is the focus for this menu plan. It has a great selection of starters, mains and fun desserts. It also has a preparation time line allowing you to plan out the work across the week leading up to Christmas.
messy veggies – Australian Vegan Christmas Meal Plan – this is a lovely Australian Christmas menu in the vein of a traditional lunch just without the meat! It has a beautiful 20 page free download as well that has the full shopping list and all the recipes.
delicious – The day before Christmas menu planner – this is perfect if you prefer not to plan too far in advance. It has a great collections of fresh food recipes for starters, sides, mains and desserts. You can pick and choose on how you feeling closer to the day.
Taste – Express Christmas menu (no dish over 45 mins) – this menu plan looks delicious! It serves 6 and is designed to start at 1pm. It includes a time plan starting at 10.00am Christmas morning.
Taste – Made from scratch Christmas menu plan – for those that like to show off their cooking skills and create a Christmas feast entirely from scratch! Menu serves 6 and is designed to start at 1pm. It includes a time plan starting 3 days ahead.
Both major supermarkets have Christmas menu planners you can use to tailor a more personlised lunch for Christmas 2022:
Previous years Christmas menu planning ideas
If none of the above Christmas menu plans fit what you are wanting for Christmas 2022 then you might like to check out the previous years posts on Christmas menu planning.
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2020 – RecipeTin Eats Christmas menu plans, BBC Good Food Vegan Christmas menu and Curtis Stone’s easy seafood barbecue
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2017 – Not Quite Nigella’s Italian Christmas, Easy no bake Christmas menu plan and A step-by-step guide to cooking Christmas dinner – Delia Smith
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2016 includes – Gluten free Christmas menu plan, Beginners’ Christmas, Jamie’s Christmas Day – the masterplan and Donna Hay Lifestyle Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2015 includes – BBC goodfood “failsafe” Christmas, Modern Australian Christmas, Chef George Calombaris’ Christmas lunch and Christmas cocktail party
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2014 includes – Gluten free and cane sugar free, Traditional Christmas dinner, Heston Blumenthal Christmas and Grand holiday buffet Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2013 includes – Simple, Paleo, Asian and BBQ Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2012 includes – Vegetarian, Skye Gyngell Xmas Lunch Menu, Mexican Fiesta and Donna Hay Outdoor Christmas menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2011 includes – Greek Inspiration, Curtis Stone’s Guide to Christmas, Aussie Christmas, Classic family Christmas dinner and Gluten Free menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2010 includes – No-worries vegetarian Christmas feast, Christmas garden party, Nigella Lawson’s Christmas Menu and Seafood BBQ Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2009 includes – Children’s Christmas Menu Plan, Modern Christmas Menu Plan, Traditional Christmas and Cheat’s Christmas
If you know what you Christmas menu plan is going to look like for 2022 I would love to read it! Please share in the comments below.
This post is part of the 2022 Christmas Planning series on the blog. You can find other posts in the series here including gift idea lists and planning checklists.