Welcome back to a new season of the this family life podcast! I am super excited to be back doing the podcast again and this season will have a mix of fabulous guests and solo episodes. As it is has been a while since I released a season of the podcast I would love it if you could leave a review on Apple Podcasts or if you listen via Spotify they also now allow you to leave reviews when listening via your phone. Simply click the rating button on the show page (not the episode page) – thanks so much in advance.
In episode 76, I have the pleasure of interviewing Amy Armstrong. Amy calls herself a former boozy tragic on a mission to review the best non-alcoholic libations. In June 2020 Amy decided that it was time for her and alcohol to get a divorce. She had tried previously to go alcohol-free without success, but this time it was different. This time her head and her heart were really into saying goodbye to grog for good.
Amy shares honestly about how divorcing from alcohol required a change in mindset. Amy stopped focusing on what she would lose from not drinking alcohol and began focusing on what she would gain.
Throughout the interview, Amy and I discuss:
- How family organisation/life has improved since she divorced alcohol
- How family relationships have improved since she divorced alcohol
- How finding non alcoholic drinks kicked off a passion that is now a small business for her – Dry but Wet
- The additional learning Amy has undertaken to help her grow her business
- What made Amy decide to take the leap and leave her full time position to focus on growing Dry but Wet
- How Amy takes time to look after herself to keep her relationship with alcohol a healthy one
- What resources have been helpful to Amy on her alcohol free journey
- Advice Amy would give to a mum who thinks that alcohol is no longer serving them well
Where you can find Amy
- Website – drybutwet.com.au
- Instagram – @dry_but_wet
- Facebook – dry.but.wet
Links mentioned and additional resources:
- This Naked Mind Podcast – Bestselling author Annie Grace invites you to explore the role of alcohol in our lives and culture without rules, pain, or judgement.
- The Alcohol Experiment – Ready to make a change? Join The Alcohol Experiment – a FREE 30-day challenge designed to deliver happiness, wellbeing and self-respect. An effortless way to interrupt your patterns, restore your health and get back in touch with the version of yourself that didn’t need alcohol to relax or enjoy life.
- Quit Like A Woman by Holly Glenn Whitaker – a book exploring the Radical Choice to Not Drink in a Culture Obsessed with Alcohol.
- Meet the Maker Podcast – a series of conversations with the clever folks who are breaking new ground by creating incredible tasting adult non-alcoholic beverages. This is less about the HOW and more about the WHY. We’re getting to know the makers behind the brands, discovering their motivations & hopefully replicating a little of the storytelling were so familiar with from the wine industry.
- Adapt Relax – my new functional beverage start up! We’ve blended the highest-quality adaptogenic herb extracts with a hint of natural flavour to create a delicious functional beverage – a beverage that not only tastes great but will help you relax at the end of the day! Adapt Relax is the perfect drink to have at the end of your work day or the end of a long day with the kids when you feel like a drink to help relieve the build up of life stressors through out the day. Make sure you sign up for the Adapt Drinks newsletter to get 10% off your first order.
Connect: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: Apple Podcasts| Stitcher | Spotify
Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!