In October this year, the Planning With Kids newsletter will have been going for 11 years. It was a monthly email when it first started and then it moved to fortnightly, then eventually to weekly which is has been now for many years.
The format of the newsletter has changed slightly over the years but the purpose has always been to share ideas on organising the chaos of family life and to encourage women to create and pursue goals for themselves.
You might have noticed that this newsletter has had a little rebrand and refresh. It is now called NOW with Nicole Avery and it is being sent from a different email service provider.
Why the change?
Writing the weekly newsletter has always been my favourite activity to do with Planning With Kids. I love writing on the blog but it feels more personal and connected when I write the emails and it is from my emails where I get the most interaction and responses from readers. I have for some time wondered how I could make my emails even more useful to readers. And then I came across Substack – the service used to write this email and it clicked!
Through this service, I can continue to write my weekly newsletter focusing on sharing tips and ideas on personal and family organisation but I can add in some additional emails for those who are keen to work on their goals.
What is NOW with Nicole Avery?
NOW with Nicole Avery is an accountability group that challenges, encourages and inspires women to work towards their goals on a weekly basis. We all have dreams and aspirations but too often they get left to the end of the to-do list or we decide to wait for the right time. The time is now. There is no right time. You are capable. You can do the work. You can achieve your goal. You just need to surround yourself with the right people to help you get started, take continuous action and encourage you to keep going.
There are two tiers of NOW with Nicole Avery. The free version which you are currently reading and there is paid subscriber access which is what will allow me to go further, share tips on goal setting, habit formation, my weekly focus and progress, and most importantly support you to crush your goals.
If you are happy with the free weekly email, then you do not have to do anything, it will hit your inbox midweek as it has for the last many years.
If you would like to work more one to one with me, then you can subscribe on either a monthly or annual basis. You can join and end your membership at any time.
On top of the mid week email I send out, paying subscribers will receive each Monday morning an email that shares:
- Some thoughts to kick off the week and an area to focus on
- My 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my personal goal
- My 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my business goal
- My 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my health and fitness goal
- A call to action for you to list your key tasks in the comments section of the post. You only need to list tasks for the goal that is your prime focus at the moment e.g. either personal, work/business or health and fitness. I only share all three so members can find an area they can relate to and look at the way I am tackling it.
- I will respond to all tasks listed early in the week and you can also leave questions if you have them too.
You can see an example of the Monday emails here:
- Monday July 19 – Making the decision is not enough
- Monday July 12 – Setting single goals and smart tasks
Each Friday afternoon I will send out an email that shares:
- An update on what I have either been reading, listening to, watching and eating! I will share with you all my good finds as they happen.
- Progress check on my 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my personal goal
- Progress check on my 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my business goal
- Progress check on my 1 – 3 key tasks to achieve for the week to help work towards my health and fitness goal
- A call to action for you to give a progress update on the key tasks in the comments section on the post.
- I will respond to all progress updates listed and also follow up with those who haven’t provided an update.
You can see an example of the Friday emails here:
The first email of the week is to get you to set your focus, allocate your time and manage your energy so you are giving your goal the priority it needs. The second email of the week is to keep you accountable – help keep you on track, doing the work you need to do. I cannot make you add your tasks to the comments section but the more you put in the more you will get out!
Jim Rohn famously quoted that:
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
The group is going to be full of smart, talented and hardworking women. The more you interact with these women, the more you will learn and grow. While I will be leading, the group effect will be in full force, and spending time to interact in the comments on Monday and Friday will help you to:
- keep going
- think bigger
- make brave choices
- get valuable feedback
- see new perspectives
- feel supported
I can’t wait to get started and I would love you to join me.