Chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies is a super easy cookie recipe that will be a hit with the kids. This recipe is versatile and makes 42 so perfect for the weekend bake up to make a sweet treat item for the lunch boxes.
If your kids would prefer plain biscuits, omit the cacao powder. If they prefer dark chocolate chips, substitute those for the white choc chips.
Chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies
- 250 grams butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3½ cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop up the butter and place it into a medium sized mixing bowl and add sugars and vanilla extract.
- Cream with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time to the mixture and beat again
- Add flour, cacao powder and salt.
- Add white chocolate chips and gently mix with a spoon.
- Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on tray, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for approx 10-12 minutes or until starting to turn golden.
- Allow to cool on tray and then move to a wire rack.
If you are after other cookie or biscuit recipes try these!
- Lunch box biscuits – makes over 50 biscuits
- Gingerbread Men
- No Bake Macadamia Nut Biscuits
- White Chocolate Chip and Raspberry Cookies
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Biscuits
- Chocolate Snowballs
- Gluten free choc chip cookies
- ANZAC biscuits
- Sunflower Seed Cookies
- Yo Yo Biscuits Recipe – perfect for a high tea!
- Tea Cup Biscuits – perfect for parties!
- Reindeer Biscuits – book mark these ones for Christmas!
- DIY Arrowroot Biscuits (gluten free) – these are perfect if you want to make gluten free chocolate balls.