For this season of the this family life podcast I am going to talk more about “mum” as opposed “family”and some things she can do to make her life feel like it has more purpose, is more productive and more fulfilling. It is always hard to separate mum out from family, but in these episodes we will be looking at ways you can organise yourself and sometimes your family to achieve your own personal, professional or physical goals.
In today’s episode I chat with Sam McFarlane founder of Sam Says where she creates stand out social and online content for solopreneurs and SMEs. Sam started this business when she had two young kids and made the leap from her secure job in events and marketing to go out on her own.
In this episode Sam shares:
- What made her make the leap from a secure job to starting her own business
- How she used her existing skill set to create a service she could sell to solopreneurs and SMEs.
- The realisation that she couldn’t do everything for all clients and she needed to specialise
- The importance of choosing to take on work you actually like doing
- How she time blocks and plans to meet the needs of multiple clients and keep her own social media profiles active
- Tips on how you can test your business idea on social media before investing money in starting your own business
- Tips to get started on social media for small businesses
Where to find Sam:
- Website – samsays.com.au
- Facebook – Sam Says Social
- Instagram – Sam Says Social
- LinkedIn – Sam McFarlane
Other links mentioned:
- The Big Leap – Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level: In “The Big Leap,” “New York Times” bestselling author Gay Hendricks reveals a simple yet comprehensive program for overcoming our one barrier to happiness and fulfillment, providing a clear path for achieving our true potential and attaining not only financial success but also success in love and life.
- Everything is Figureoutable – Do you ever have trouble finishing what you start? Do amazing ideas come to you all the time but after the initial excitement wanes you struggle to follow through? Whether you want to leave a dead-end job, heal a relationship, grow a business, master your money, or just find two free hours in your day, Everything is Figureoutable will train your brain to think more positively and help you break down any dream into manageable steps.
- Amy Porterfield Podcast – Marketing Made Easy Podcast Expert. Interviews, mini execution plans, and intimate behind-the-scenes secrets from my biggest launches… all tied together by my mission to make EVERYTHING you listen to as actionable and profitable as possible.
- Social Media Examiner Podcast – Social Media Examiner offers two weekly audio podcasts and a weekly live video talk show to help boost your marketing skills and keep you up-to-date with the ever-changing world of social media. Whether you’re hungry for in-depth expert advice or want to keep up with the social media news of the week, you’ll discover knowledge you need to make your business grow.
Connect: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: Apple Podcasts| Stitcher | Spotify