It has been a few years since I have collated some Christmas menu plan ideas. Christmas menu planning in early December allows you to spread out the workload for your Christmas lunch, delegate sections of the meal to family and friends who are coming on the day and make sure you have everything you need on hand to make the Christmas meal just as you want it.
You can check out previous editions of Christmas menu plan ideas here:
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2017 – Not Quite Nigella’s Italian Christmas, Easy no bake Christmas menu plan and A step-by-step guide to cooking Christmas dinner – Delia Smith
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2016 includes – Gluten free Christmas menu plan, Beginners’ Christmas, Jamie’s Christmas Day – the masterplan and Donna Hay Lifestyle Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2015 includes – BBC goodfood “failsafe” Christmas, Modern Australian Christmas, Chef George Calombaris’ Christmas lunch and Christmas cocktail party
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2014 includes – Gluten free and cane sugar free, Traditional Christmas dinner, Heston Blumenthal Christmas and Grand holiday buffet Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2013 includes – Simple, Paleo, Asian and BBQ Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2012 includes – Vegetarian, Skye Gyngell Xmas Lunch Menu, Mexican Fiesta and Donna Hay Outdoor Christmas menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2011 includes – Greek Inspiration, Curtis Stone’s Guide to Christmas, Aussie Christmas, Classic family Christmas dinner and Gluten Free menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2010 includes – No-worries vegetarian Christmas feast, Christmas garden party, Nigella Lawson’s Christmas Menu and Seafood BBQ Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2009 includes – Children’s Christmas Menu Plan, Modern Christmas Menu Plan, Traditional Christmas and Cheat’s Christmas
Now for this year’s collection!
RecipeTin Eats Christmas menu plans
A number of readers recommended I check out RecipeTin Eats this year. This amazing recipe blog is the creation of Sydney based Nagi who wants to show you it is possible to make great, fresh food even if you’re short on time and on a budget.
On RecipeTin Eats you will find a mega post on which includes lists of recipes to try this Christmas and five different three course Christmas menu plan ideas with sides!
Jamie Oliver Christmas Day Masterplan
If you are hosting a big Christmas Day lunch for the first time then the Jamie Oliver Christmas Day Masterplan is a great place to start. It has a downloadable PDF with a step by step guide on the activities you need to do from Christmas Eve until you serve. The recipes aren’t shared in this post but can be found in the Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook. It is a traditional Christmas lunch so you would be able to find recipes online to use as well.
BBC Good Food Vegan Christmas menu
2020 saw the trend towards plant based diets really take off. Whether you want to cook a complete vegan Christmas lunch or are just looking for some ideas to include more plant based entrees, mains, sides and desserts, this vegan Christmas menu idea from BBC Good Food has some delicious ideas including a cranberry & lentil bake, vegan ‘cheesy’ leek crumble and even vegan eggnog!
Curtis Stone’s easy seafood barbecue
This is the total opposite to the vegan Christmas menu plan idea! This Christmas menu plan idea from Curtis Stone is perfect for those who might be away for Christmas and looking to keep cooking super easy and fresh. It features featuring barbecued oysters, prawns and salmon.