Are you still yet to menu plan? If you haven’t given menu planning a try, I highly recommend giving it a go. I am doing some contract work at the moment which sees me working in an office three days a week and menu planning has been an absolute saviour!
It has meant:
- I don’t waste time having to think about what to cook when I get in from work.
- I have all the ingredients I need already as I have shopped for them in advance.
- I have meals chosen to cook that are realistic for the time I have when I get in from work.
- We are still eating well and at a reasonable time each evening.
- I am not spending money on take away or fast food options.
My weekly prep sessions have also been fantastic for making sure there is food for the kids’ lunch boxes and for me to take my lunch to work.
Below are some ideas for things you can make on the weekend for the kids’ lunch boxes and our monthly menu plan for the month of June. Hope it gives you some inspiration for your family
Our weekly menu plans for June
Week Commencing 3rd June 2019
|Mon||Slow cooker honey sesame chicken (gluten free)|
|Tue||Marinated steak and garlic mash|
|Fri||Pan Fried Fish and Salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
Week Commencing 10th June 2019
|Mon||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Tue||Pasta with chicken and baby spinach|
Simple tomato salad
|Thu||Sausage and Salad|
|Sun||Home made hamburgers and salad|
Week Commencing 17th June 2019
|Mon||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Tue||Chicken, cashew and ginger stir fry|
|Thu||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
Week Commencing 24th June 2019
|Mon||Slow cooker pulled pork
Cabbage and apple salad
|Tue||Zucchini and Spaghetti Bolognese|