This is a great salad to make during your weekly prep sessions and have over the week. It lasts better in the fridge without the dressing added and I just add the dressing to each portion as I eat it.
If I have some fresh coriander on hand, I chop some up and add it to the mix too. It is really a lovely simple, fresh salad to add to your meal for some crunch!
It is a salad that works great as a snack too. I will often fill up a jar and take it with me and then just add a little dressing, shake and enjoy.
Simple Mexican Salad
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 2 carrots
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 juice of small limes
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- De-seed and finely dice the red and yellow capsicum and add it to a medium sized salad bowl.
- De-seed and finely chop cucumber and also add to the bowl.
- Chop the carrots into small cubes.
- If you are going to serve and eat all of the salad straight away, add dressing ingredients to a small jug add lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork until well combined then pour over the salad, mix and serve!
- I make this salad in advance and simply add dressing ingredients to a glass bottle/jar and keep the salad and dressing separate until it is going to be eaten, adding the dressing to the serving size only. This allows the salad to stay crunchy for more days in the fridge.
Do you want to make feeding the family easier?
If you want to make feeding the family easier and less stressful, then Meal Prep Primer is for you! Meal Prep Primer shows you how to plan effectively to spend time in the kitchen over the weekend and prep food that will make your week days easier:
- Imagine being able to simply pick and pack from your pre-made items to make the kids’ lunch boxes.
- Imagine being able to make a meal in minutes when you come in late after work or an after school activity using the food you prepped on the weekend.
- Imagine eating a nutritious homemade lunch each day that you can simply reheat in a flash.
This can be a reality for you and it doesn’t have to take up all of your weekend.
In the course I will teach you the process I have developed over these years. The course will:
- save you time
- save you money
- save you stress through the week days
- ensure your family eats well
- allow you to enjoy meal time more with the family