I do love a good raw treat! But like all treats they are not something I eat everyday. If you love mint flavoured desserts then you will love this raw mint cheesecake. It has both fresh mint leaves and peppermint oil, so tastes as good as it smells!
Raw mint cheesecake
Recipe type: Raw sweet treat
- 3 cup raw almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
For top layer:
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for up to 4 hours
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- 11 - 13 drops essential peppermint oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
Optional for decoration:
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- ¼ cup mint leaves
For the base:
- Line a 25cm spring form cake tin with plastic wrap.
- Place the almonds into a food processor and blend to a fine meal like consistency.
- Add in coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt to the almond meal and process again until the mixture combines well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined springform pan and press down firmly with your hands. This is the base of your cheesecake. Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
For the top layer
- Add the cashews to the processor (no need to wash bowl or blade if you have just made the base) and process until they are of a fine consistency.
- Add the mint, spinach, maple syrup, water and peppermint oil. Blend again for another 3-4 minutes stopping regularly to scrape down the sides.
- Pour in the coconut oil and blend again.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the filling into the springform. Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer overnight.
- About an hour before you wish to serve the cheesecake, remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge.
- Top with cacao nibs and mint leaves.