In this episode I chat with Joyce. I am in absolute awe of how much Joyce fits into her days. She is a Melbourne based mum to two children, 6yo girl and 4yo boy and she has creating a number of online business which she works on from home:
- CycleStyle which sells clothing and accessories for the stylish cyclist.
- A family travel blog called TOT: HOT OR NOT which helps families explore the best of Melbourne and Regional Victoria as well as interstate and international destinations
- Wheelie Good Fun – bike-related pop up events and activations
- A food, travel and lifestyle blog called MEL: HOT OR NOT which reviews things to do in Melbourne
All of this while her partner spends approximately 50% of his time away from home with interstate and overseas travel.
Joyce is practical in her advice and has great tips to share on:
- How start a business with young kids
- How to work productively and make the best of your limited time
- How routines help her and the kids to get out and about so regulalry
- Tips on flying with kids
- Why Airbnb makes a great option for accommodation for families
Mentioned in this episode:
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- on Spotify via any device you usually listen to Spotify
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!