The podcast break was a little longer than I expected, but I am back with a new season of the this family life podcast! And I had so much fun putting the season together, I hope you enjoy it as much as I loved putting it together.
This season there is a slight change with the podcast. this family life was previously being published with the Jack Rabbit network. They have decided to shut down the network so this family life is now an independent podcast. The transfer unfortunately had a few hiccups, so you may not automatically receive the latest episodes.
If this is the case for you, then to remedy the situation, please unsubscribe in your chosen podcast app, search for this family life, then subscribe and you will receive new episodes as they are published.
All reviews for the podcast that so many of you kindly left have also been lost in the transfer which is of course super sad for us. If you love the podcast could you please take the time to leave a review for us?
Unfortunately it can only be done on the Apple Podcast App and it isn’t that intuitive as to how you should leave a review for a podcast, so I have listed the steps below for you:
Leaving a review on iTunes
- Open up the Apple Podcast app.
- Tap the search icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Enter this family life in the search bar at the top of the page and hit the search key in the bottom right corner.
- The search results will bring up “Podcast episodes” and “Podcasts”. Click on this family life in the “Podcast” section.
- Then tap the Reviews tab and tap the “Write a review” tab on this page.
- Choose how many stars you would like to give the podcast (5 would be awesome 🙂 )
- Enter a title for your review and then leave your comment. It doesn’t have to be long, anything is fine really. If you are not sure what to write something along the lines of why you like it, or what you get out of it or why you think other mums should listen to it would be ace.
- Hit send.
- Receive bucket loads of my gratitude!
episode 31: on parenting very sick kids
This episode of the podcast is something very special. After this conversation with Rebecca, I felt completely inspired. Rebecca’s positivity, her determination to make the most of life and her love for her daughters shines and is infectious.
Rebecca is a mum to three girls, two of which are seriously ill and have had major organ transplants. Through out our conversation Rebecca shares openly about:
- The routines she has put into place to help the girls health and well being
- The system she uses to keep track of appointments, check ups etc
- What her must dos each day are so everyone is okay (and there are many!)
- How does their other daughter cope with her sisters being unwell
- The recent habits she has established to help organise things at home
- How she is working on increasing independence for her girls
- How they still plan and take family holidays and weekends away
And you really need to listen to the podcast to her the reason why Rebecca chose The Faraway Tree series of books for her book choice that has had the biggest influence on her as a parent.
Mentioned in this episode:
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- on Spotify via any device you usually listen to Spotify
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!