Today’s guest is Jen a solo mum to a 15 year old teenager. Jen was blogging when I started back in 2008 talking about her personal journey and showcasing her photos, which are gorgeous. You can find her blog here Semantically Driven.
It was great to chat with Jen about her experience of parenting a teenager. There isn’t as much real life info around on parenting teenagers and I love hearing what other parents do.
In the podcast Jen shares:
- The challenges of parenting solo
- How she manages technology with her teenager
- Her best tips on parenting a teenager
- Asking for the working hours you want
Mentioned in this episode:
- Nurture rather than nag
- Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind by Michael J Bradley
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!