This post is part of my 10 week Christmas planning series. You can find the rest of the my Christmas planning series here.
Each year as part of my Christmas planning series I share ideas for Christmas Menu Planning. Putting together a menu plan for Christmas doesn’t have to be complicated and it can include only dishes you know how to make. But the act of writing up the plan will show you:
- what you need to order in advance
- what you can cook in advance
- what you can outsource to others
- make it easy to create shopping lists
If however you are after inspiration to make something this different from Christmas I have listed four different menu plans below and you can find previous years here:
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2015 includes – BBC goodfood “failsafe” Christmas, Modern Australian Christmas, Chef George Calombaris’ Christmas lunch and Christmas cocktail party
- Christmas menu plan ideas 2014 includes – Gluten free and cane sugar free, Traditional Christmas dinner, Heston Blumenthal Christmas and Grand holiday buffet Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2013 includes – Simple, Paleo, Asian and BBQ Christmas menu plans
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2012 includes – Vegetarian, Skye Gyngell Xmas Lunch Menu, Mexican Fiesta and Donna Hay Outdoor Christmas menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2011 includes – Greek Inspiration, Curtis Stone’s Guide to Christmas, Aussie Christmas, Classic family Christmas dinner and Gluten Free menu plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2010 includes – No-worries vegetarian Christmas feast, Christmas garden party, Nigella Lawson’s Christmas Menu and Seafood BBQ Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas Menu Plan Ideas 2009 includes – Children’s Christmas Menu Plan, Modern Christmas Menu Plan, Traditional Christmas and Cheat’s Christmas
Now for this year’s collection!
Gluten free Christmas menu plan
All of these recipes are from the blog here and have been tried and tested on the family and many others!
- Honey roasted lamb shoulder
- Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach
- Roast chicken
- Sweet potato gratin
- Roast pumpkin salad
- Cabbage and apple salad
- Roasted tomato salad
Is this the first year you are hosting a Christmas? Then I recommend checking out this Beginners’ Christmas menu plan from taste.com.au. It includes recipes for tasty but simple starters, sides, mains, dessert and something to have with coffee. You can follow the plan they have created to so you can put the meal together without stress, starting from a week out.
Jamie’s Christmas Day – the masterplan
Jamie’s Christmas Day – the masterplan uses recipes from Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook you can download a two page PDF to have you completely sorted for your Christmas feast. It breaks up tasks to Christmas eve and Christmas day and then has a timeline for Christmas day running from 7.20am until 2.00pm when you serve your Christmas lunch.
Donna Hay Lifestyle Christmas Menu Plan
If you are a fan of Donna Hay recipes then you will love this plan! Lifestyle food have collated three entrees, three mains and three desserts so you can mix and match to make your own menu plan for the day.