In this episode I have a lovely conversation with Marta. Marta has been a long time reader of the blog and we have exchanged emails, texts, instagram comments, but this was the first time I actually had the pleasure to chat in real life with her.
From the minute I spoke with her I could hear her love for her family and how she is using planning to make life easier for them.
In the podcast Marta shares:
- How her and husband divide up the household tasks
- What their morning routine looks like
- The importance of support networks when you have a child with special needs
- The challenges and benefits of having one child
Mentioned in this episode:
- What to Expect the Second Year
- The Autism Discussion Page on the Core Challenges of Autism
- The Autism Discussion Page on Anxiety, Behavior, School, and Parenting Strategies
- MyTime – MyTime groups provide support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone caring for a child with a disability or chronic medical condition.
- Women’s Wellness Day Retreat – Marta mentioned after the interview that she attedned this event last year and found it beneficial.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!