Heidi has been reading Planning With Kids for some time and it was an absolute pleasure to chat with her on the podcast. With four kids aged 7, 9, 11 and 14 we had much in common to talk about. Heidi works from home running a number of businesses with her husband who works on location in the businesses.
Heidi takes a thoughtful and practical approach to parenting and keeping organised. In the podcast she shares tips on:
- Setting boundaries for yourself when working from home and how to switch between the two roles
- Using schedule meetings to keep communication going between her and her husband for both work and family
- Teaching kids they can choose how they feel about their circumstances
- How family life changes as the kids get older
- Finding individual time with the kids
- Finding time for you and with your partner
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Wellness Mummy
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!