This episode of the podcast is another solo one from me. I share from a post I wrote earlier this year some signs you might recognise in yourself if you are addicted to being busy.
I could easily list these signs as I am a reformed addict! It was only when I started to try and slow down the pace of my life did I realise that I was actually addicted to being busy and I found it incredibly hard to slow down. Like all things that are hard though, it was worth the effort as I persisted in changing my behaviours.
While far from perfect, the pace of my life has slowed down significantly over the last two years and it has made me happier and therefore my family happier.
In the episode I share:
- 11 signs that you could be a busy addict
- What busy addict behaviours were having the biggest impact on my life
- Why these behaviours were a problem for me
- What behaviours I chose to stop
- How goal setting helped me get over FOMO
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!