This is podcast is a solo one from me in response to listeners and readers who wanted to know if I ever have bad days and how do I cope with them.
Yes I have bad days! I have learnt that having known strategies up your sleeve for how to cope with bad days is critical to prevent them from spiralling out of control or into a bad week.
In this podcast I share some strategies I use which include:
- Cry and regroup
- Not take it personally
- Get outside
- Choosing the timing of my battles
- Making it easier on myself
- Make amends
- Go to bed
This podcast episode is the last in the season and will return again in term four!
- Monthly review – building a meditation habit – including the apps I use
- Monthly review – practising gratitude – including the app I use
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!