I don’t love cauliflower. I will happily eat it as cauliflower rice, but that is about it. I can however add to eating it as a soup now though. With spices and coconut cream, this soup is delicious and makes a great light lunch or starter for an evening meal.
Roasted cauliflower soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 440 mls coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop the onion and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the bowl.
- Crush the garlic over the cauliflower.
- Add the coconut oil and cumin to the cauliflower and mix well.
- Place the cauliflower onto a lined tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. You can test this with a skewer.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and place it into a stock pot.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Put on a lid and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an either a stick blender or a food processor.
- Pour the soup back into the stock pot, add coconut cream and salt and pepper. On a low heat, warm the soup to a temperature ready for serving.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 12th Sep 2016
|Mon||Chicken, cashew and ginger stir fry|
|Tue||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Wed||Sausages, veg and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Fri||Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach|
|Sat||Tacos with homemade seasoning|
|Sun||Roast chicken and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 16012
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.