Richenda Vermeulen is the founder of a Melbourne based Digital Strategy Agency & Transformation Consulting, ntegrity. I absolutely loved my conversation with Richenda. We go into some very important issues affecting both mothers and fathers trying to mix a fulfilling career and being the parent they want to be.
Richenda has a baby girl who is now 11 months and in the podcast we talk about how she has adjusted into motherhood and not only kept her business going but has overseen significant growth in the last twelve months.
Richneda is smart, hard working and passionate about being a mother. In the podcast she has some excellent advice to share:
- Tips on travelling overseas with a 7 week old baby for a number of months
- How having a baby has helped make her life simpler
- Finding the right childcare to suit the demands of her business
- Sharing the caring and household workload with your partner
- Finding time across the week for both her and her husband to have time to individually recharge
- Why I run my business with love (and that’s ok)
- Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect by Dr Jonice Webb
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- From Richenda’s blog – Traveling with baby: How I rediscovered myself in a foreign country
- From Richenda’s blog – 21 Tips for Traveling with a Baby
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!