Another super simple sweet treat that is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This makes a nice big batch and they freeze well, so I like to freeze up batches to have on hand for the unexpected pop in or just for a chocolately treat in emergencies!
They are perfect with a cup of tea. I adore Pukkah Teas, current favourites are peppermint and licorice, and detox.
- 3 cup raw almonds
- 3 cups dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and pulse until it forms a dough like consistency. You should be to squeeze the dough easily to form a ball which stays together well.
- Using a heaped tablespoon of mixture make into balls.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge and let set for 2 hours.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 22nd Aug 2016
|Mon||Slow cooker roast lamb|
|Wed||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 160822|
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Some of the links contain affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!