Susan has been reading the blog for sometime so it was such a pleasure to be able to spend time chatting to her about how she manages life with her four kids, two of which are on the spectrum.
Throughout the interview Susan offers practical advice on dealing with complex issues. Some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from Susan are:
- Tips on supporting a child with an eating disorder
- Finding individual time with each child
- Getting kids to help around the house
- The importance of looking after yourself so you can look after the family
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other links mentioned:
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!