Today I talk with a friend who I met at my CrossFit gym, Sally. Sally is a mum to two boys and someone who I find quite inspiring. She has a lovely calm aura about her and a huge dash of fun.
Sally has returned to study this year while working part time and fitting in adventures like the Oxfam 100km walk. All of this while adjusting to life with her husband’s loss of vision three years ago.
Sally is wise and has lots to share from her experiences, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on choosing a study option to work with the family
- Fitting study and fitness routines into your day
- Adjusting to changes in family life
- Managing homework and technology with young boys
- Encouraging kids to find active interests they enjoy
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Student2student – The Smith Family student2student program works by matching students who need to improve their reading with peer buddies who help and encourage them with their reading. Click the link to find out more about this fab program.
- Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!