In this episode I interview a long term reader of the blog, Mia. Mia is a Melbourne based mum of two who works part time. Recently Mia made a planned decision to leave her fast paced job at a digital agency to take some time off and find a new job that allowed her more time for her family and her creative passions.
Mia has a great energy and has lots to share from her experiences, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on redesigning your life
- Tips on how to fit your personal creative pursuits into your day
- Tips on returning to work part time
- Working on friction points in the family
- Encouraging creativity in kids
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Monthly review – embracing the undone
- Family contribution schedule
Other useful links:
- Babies – this is a French documentary following the first year of four babies from different countries – one from San Fransisco, one from Tokyo, one from Namibia and one from Mongolia. Click the link to watch the documentary it is quite amazing – thanks Mia for suggesting this.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!