this family life is back for another season! When I started the podcast I committed to one season and thought I would evaluate after that. I have really enjoyed doing the podcast and the feedback so far has been that you have been in enjoying it too!
I have decided to run the seasons along school terms, so there will be breaks during school holidays, which fits in perfectly with my work load.
If you have any feedback about the podcast, suggestions or questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below!
In this week’s episode it is just me and a chance to find out a little more about me, how I became organised and why being planned and organised is important to me.
While our five kids are now aged 17, 15, 12, 10, 7, at one time we did have five under 10. It was my planning and organisational skills that helped me stay sane during that time.
Prior to having kids, I was very organised in her work life, but no so much in her personal life. I had a turning point with our second child and started my planning journey there.
New readers and listeners to the podcast while they all have their individual slant to it, tend to have three topics of questions which I answer in this podcast:
- Isn’t planning boring and doesn’t it take the fun out of life?
- Where do you start when you don’t know where to start getting organised?
- How do you do it all?
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Basic menu planning
- Children’s Routines
- Family contribution schedule
- 10 Things To Do Before You Go To Bed
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!