Today’s guest is a woman I find incredibly inspiring. Suzy lives in Melbourne with her husband and three primary school aged children. Suzy and her family relocated from Ireland in 2011 and all was going tremendously well when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013. I have the pleasure of knowing Suzy and as you will hear in the interview she has an amazingly positive energy and outlook on life.
Suzy shares honestly and with pragmatism about her experiences and some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on getting involved in new school communities
- Managing a family while undergoing breast cancer treatment
- Organising meals when you work part time outside of the home
- Prioritising time to spend with your family
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- 127 hours by Aron Rolston – this book made Suzy think about how fragile life is, how you need to appreciate those you love and the importance of family.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!