In this interview I talk to Sophie who works part time, some of which is from home. Sophie has a senior role in a government organisation and while it has its challenges she enjoys both her work and family life. She lives in Melbourne with her partner and two daughters.
Sophie shares what it is like to work part time when you have young kids and some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from this episode are:
- Tips on setting up work hours when working part time
- Planning and preparing for organised mornings
- Accepting stages in life like broken sleep
- Finding time to recharge
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- How to use Evernote to reduce paper clutter in the home
- Making It Easier – School Lunch Box Process
- Role modelling the behaviour you want in your kids
Other useful information and links:
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!