This episode features Catherine who lives in Melbourne with her two children; a daughter aged 10 and son aged 12. Catherine is a single parent who works full time outside of the home in a senior role.
Catherine shares openly about the realities of single parenting and some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from this episode are:
- Managing the logistics of the kids sharing their time at both parent’s houses
- Being prepared to be overwhelmed at times
- Transitioning from primary school to secondary school
- The importance of having your own solid friendship group
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Getting ready for year 7
- 7 tips for first time year 7 parents
- 10 Things I Have Learnt About Year 7 And Year 7 Boys This Year
- Monthly review – embracing the undone
Other useful links:
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!