In this week’s episode I am super proud to be able to introduce you to my sister Steph. Steph is married with two boys aged four and one and she works part time outside of the home. While I am older than her and have five kids, I still learn from her organisational skills!
Steph has so much great stuff to share and here are some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Choosing part time days to work best for you and your family
- Managing meal times with little ones while working
- How to capture photos and stories of your kids
- The importance of managing your own expectations as a parent
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Save our sleep – Tizzy Hall – this book made Steph realise she needed to trust her own parenting skills. Just because this book was recommend to her and has sold lots of copies, didn’t mean she had to follow it – it just didn’t feel right for her.
- Using a slow cooker – tips on using a slow cooker and how it can help make cooking family meals tastier and easier.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!