Episode 2 of the this family life podcast was such a joy to me. It is with my dear friend Bron. We met when our eldest boys attended a Montessori kindergarten together. While we don’t see each other anywhere near as much as we should, we always have so much to say and share. Our time together never seems long enough.
Bron shares so much valuable wisdom in this episode. Bron has two children, a son 17 and a daughter 13. When they were nine and five years old, Bron separated from their father. The relationship break up was sudden and unexpected. Her life from this point took a very different path than she had ever envisaged.
In the episode, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from Bron are:
- The practicalities required and the emotional impact of shared custody
- The importance of listening to our kids
- Tips on approaching homework with teenagers
- Why we shouldn’t worry quite so much as we do
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Children are People Too- Louise Porter is a book Bron highly recommended and I highly recommend too for all parents with young kids. I have written about it a number of times on the blog and you can find a broad overview here. Porter has a great PDF you can download freely from her website on Guiding Children’s Behaviour.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!