I am super excited today to launch the very first episode of this family life. A couple of months ago, I gave a call out on the blog for readers to join me on the podcast to talk all things family life. My belief is that as parents we all have wisdom to share and through the podcast series it is my aim to share how other families are organising the chaos of family life.
I have learnt much from listening to how others make it through the day and am often inspired at how families cope given their different circumstances. Through out the series I interview parents with varying numbers and ages of kids, varying work commitments and some parents who have kids with special needs. Regardless of their background, they all share openly, honestly and with great humour, details about their family life along with tips to help you.
Today sees the first five episodes of the season being published, the remainder will be published weekly on Tuesday mornings. You can find all of the show notes for each episode here.
In the first episode I talk to Judy, who has two boys, one who is almost four years old and their second child will turn one in April. Judy is currently on maternity leave and lives with her husband and kids in Griffith NSW, a small inland city of roughly 25,000.
In the episode, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from Judy are:
- Tips on planning and preparing meals with young ones
- Managing meal time with young ones
- Sharing the household workload
- Planning for maternity leave
The this family life is part of the new Jackrabbit.fm network and I want to give a huge shout out of thanks to Brooke. After recording the podcasts, Brooke and the team at Jackrabbit work their magic so it is all ready for you to listen to. Brooke has guided me through the process of setting up this podcast for which I am super grateful.
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Book – Baby love by Robin Barker
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening and I look forward to hearing what you think!