This is a super simple no bake slice that is gluten and nut free so perfect for those occasions when you have to cater for allergies. It is similar in style to my Larabar style recipes, but I have replaced nuts with seeds.
Raw seed squares
Recipe type: Sweet treats
- 275 grams sunflower seeds
- 275 grams pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch Pink Himalayan salt
- 50 grams pumpkin seeds
- Add to your food processor the sunflowers seeds, dates and vanilla. Process for a few minutes, then stop and scrape the mixture from down the sides of the food processor and blend again. How long and how many times you have to do this will depend on the power of your food processor.
- Once the mixture has made a stiff dough, add the pumpkin seeds and process again for a minutes until the mixture becomes softer. To test if the mixture is ready squeeze it in your hands. If it stays together easily then it is ready. It crumbles, process again.
- Pour the mixture into a slice tray lined with baking paper. Press down firmly.
- Place in the fridge for a 2 -3 hours to set. Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
- They are best kept in the fridge and can also be kept in the freezer.
Our family menu plan for the week
Nothing fancy, but with the kids contributing to create the plan, I am okay with that!
Week Commencing 14th Mar 2016
|Mon||Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach|
|Tue||Sang choy bow|
|Wed||Slow cooker butter chicken
|Thu||Chicken schnitzel and vegetables|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 14th March|
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.