Dates and nuts provide such a great base for simple whole food sweet treats. You can see a selections of my previous recipes here – Larabar inspired raw bars and balls.
This version has a great little crunch to it with the addition of chia and sesame seeds.
These balls freeze well and the recipe is an easy one to double up to make a larger batch.
Almond, date and seed balls
Recipe type: Sweet treats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add dates and almonds to the food processor and blend. Blend for a few minutes, scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Do this a couple of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together.
- Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny and will not shape into balls.
- Add the chia and sesame seeds and pulse for around 30 seconds.
- Using a tablespoon of mixture, roll into a firm ball. If you love sesame seeds, roll them in some extra sesame seeds, or just leave them as is.
- Best stored in the fridge and they also store well in the freezer.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 24th August
|Mon||Slow cooker roast lamb|
|Wed||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 150824|
PWK Menu Planning App
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.