Disclaimer: This post is contributed by Planning With Kids partner ecostore.
This post first appeared on the ecostore blog.
We all know that good hygiene is essential but have we been taking things too far with antibacterial soap? According to highly respected research institute, the Smithsonian, the answer is yes and they give us 5 solid, evidence-based reasons to quit the habit.
5 reasons to stop using antibacterial hand washes today
- Antibacterial soaps are no more effective than conventional soap and water
- Antibacterial soaps have the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Antibacterial soaps could act as endocrine disruptors
- Antibacterial soaps might lead to other health problems, too
- Antibacterial soaps are bad for the environment
If you’d like to see the research behind each of these reasons, you can read the full article here:
Five Reasons Why You Should Probably Stop Using Antibacterial Soap – Smithsonian