Disclaimer: This post is contributed by Planning With Kids partner Pureharvest.
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- ¼ cup Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Coco Quench (non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 3 tbs Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup
- ½ cup Coco Quench
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp arrowroot powder
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Lightly oil a mini doughnut pan or mini muffin tray.
For the doughnuts
- In a medium sized bowl cream together the coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Once smooth, add in the egg, vanilla and milk and mix until combined (it will look a little lumpy). Add the flour and salt and mix until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the doughnut mould. If you don’t have a doughnut mould you can use a mini muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
For the glaze
- While your doughnuts are cooling, prepare the cinnamon glaze. In a small saucepan combine the rice malt syrup, coco quench and coconut oil. Place on a low – medium heat for about 1 minute or until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Add the cinnamon and arrowroot powder, ensuring that you are whisking continuously until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Once thickened, cook for another 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon the glaze over the doughnuts (this bit can be quite messy so we suggest placing some baking paper underneath).