This slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe is a modified version of my old recipe you can find here. This dish always reminds me of winter. It was a favourite in my house growing up and it is now a favourite in our house too!
- 500 grams diced beef
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large potatoes, cubed 1cm x 1cm
- 3 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300 mls sour cream (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl place the meat, add the arrowroot then toss.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown the meat.
- Once browned, transfer meat to the slow cooker and then add all ingredients with the exception of the sour cream.
- Place lid on and cook on Auto/Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add sour cream (optional) and stir in thoroughly.
- Serve with rice or a large serving of green veggies.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
With a cold week forecast, there are lots of winter style dishes on the plan. I am also going to be playing around with rogan josh recipe to come up with a gluten free and dairy free alternative.
Week Commencing 11th August
|Tue||Slow cooker rogan josh|
|Wed||Chicken schnitzel and vegetables|
|Thu||Creamy chicken and sweet potato stew|
|Fri||Homemade sausage rolls|
|Sun||Slow cooker shredded beef and rocket salad
Lunch Box Egg and Bacon Muffins
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 11th Aug|
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.