I hadn’t made these homemade pita chips for a very long time. I forgot how easy to make they are and how tasty they are. The kids loved them and have requested I make them more often.
Of course these are not only perfect for school lunches, but they are a fab homemade finger food for entertaining at home or to take with you on occasions when you need to take a plate.
- 5 x Lebanese flat bread
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush each flat bread with coconut oil.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl, then sprinkle with about a ⅓ tsp of the spices.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice each flat bread into into 12 triangles.
- Place the triangles onto two large baking trays. Space them out so they do not overlap.
- Bake in the oven for 6 - 8 minutes. Remove when they are crisp and have turned a slightly golden colour.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack completely before placing in an airtight container.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Lots of basics this week on the menu plan!
Week Commencing 4th August
|Beef Stir Fry
|Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese
|Slow Cooker Satay
|Sweet chilli chicken wraps
|Sweet potato hash, eggs and avocado
|Sausage and Salad
|Weekly menu plan shopping list 140804
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.