This is part of a series of recipes making lovely raw sweet treats inspired by the delightful Larabars. While they are made from whole foods, they are still a sweet treat and as such should be consumed in moderation! You can find all the posts by clicking here.
Macadamias are my favourite nut and thankfully they have an excellent nutrient profile. These raw macadamia balls are ridiculously easy to make. Just place the three ingredients into the food processor and you are close to done!
- 1 ½ cups Pureharvest organic macadamias
- 1 ½ cups dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Plus extra 1 cup shredded coconut to roll the balls into
- Add dates, shredded coconut and macadamias to the food processor and blend.
- Blend for a few minutes, scrape down the sides and blend again. Do this a couple of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together.
- Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny.
- Once the mixture has turned into a workable dough, roll them into balls, then roll into additional shredded coconut.
- These are best stored in the fridge and they also store well in the freezer. Makes 22-24
Are you a macadamia fan too?