This is part of a series of recipes making lovely raw sweet treats inspired by the delightful Larabars. While they are made from whole foods, they are still a sweet treat and as such should be consumed in moderation! You can find all the posts by clicking here.
You can see the original Larabar positioned at the top of the photo, compared to my version. I was thrilled that on blind testing (by my husband, my younger sister and one of the kids) they all chose my bars as the tastiest!
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups cashews
- Optional (makes it slightly tastier though!) - 1 tsp vanilla extract and a couple of pinches of salt
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend. Blend for a few minutes, scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Do this a couple of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together.
- Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny.
- Press into a lined tin and allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cut into bars.They will be soft still, but should easily form bars when you cut them.
- Best stored in the fridge and they also store well in the freezer. Makes 12 bars