I was inspired to put this recipe together by Lizzy from Primal Junction. Eating a variety of veggies is always a challenge for me, so anything that makes it simple to cook them is a winner for me.
This cauliflower mash is super easy to cook and makes a great accompaniment to winter stews and casseroles. You could easily make this by steaming up the veggies, but I used the slow cooker as there are nights when we have a lot on after school and I like to have as much of the evening meal cooked as I can.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and place them into the slow cooker.
- Chop the carrot into small pieces and add to the slow cooker.
- Then add the garlic cloves, salt and water.
- Place on the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Once cooked use a slotted spoon and transfer the drained cauliflower and carrot to the bowl of your food processor. Discard the garlic cloves.
- Pulse the cauliflower and carrot until it is creamy. Add water from the slow cooker if needed and season with salt and pepper to taste. (You can always mash by hand if you do not have a food processor.)
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
A little bit late with the menu plan this week! I was away for a night over the weekend so I have recycled a menu plan from winter last year. Such a bonus in documenting my menu plans is that I have them all organised by date for easy reference!
Week Commencing 19th May
|Sun||Chicken sticks and salad
|Mon||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Tue||Roast chicken and vegetables|
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 19th May|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What is your favourite veggie mash?