One of my favourite slow cooker recipes on the blog is my slow cooker satay. But since taking a wholefood / clean eating approach to my diet I no longer eat some of the ingredients that make up the dish. So I have been playing around with different combinations to make a clean version of the satay and after a few different versions, this is my favourite. While it does not taste exactly the same, it has a great flavour and is still super easy to make. It goes beautifully with some sauteed baby spinach.
- Slice capsicum and carrots and add to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken into slow cooker with cut vegetables.
- Crush garlic on top of the veggies.
- Add remaining ingredients with the exception of the almonds and stir to combine.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high.
- Serve with sautéed baby spinach or steamed rice.
- Roughly chop almonds and sprinkle on top.
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.
What’s been cooking in your slow cooker?