I found the idea for these cute Watermelon and feta sticks here. I thought they would make the perfect finger food to take along to outdoor evening parties.
The start of the school year for us always brings a number of welcome to the school year drinks, so I made these for the first one of the year. They are such a refreshing light taste, with a dash of sweetness from the watermelon.
The watermelon and feta sticks were very easy to make. I made them up about three hours before I took them to the party and just kept them in the fridge uncovered and they kept beautifully It took me a couple of slices to work out the most efficient way to cut the watermelon.
- 200 grams Danish Feta
- 2 kg watermelon
- 1 bunch mint
- 48 skewers
- Cut slices of watermelon about 3cm thick.
- Cut the skin of the watermelon and cut the ends of the watermelon so you have straight edges to make the squares.
- Cut the watermelon horizontally and then vertically to make your squares.
- Cut slices of feta about 4mms wide. Make the feta the same size as the watermelon and place on top of the watermelon squares.
- Tear off pieces of mint to fit the tops of the squares.
- Using the pointy end of the skewer press gently through the three layers.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 15th February 2014
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Slow cooker roast lamb
Homemade oven baked chicken nuggets
New seed slice
|Mon||Slow Cooker Satay|
|Tue||Pan fried chicken and salad|
|Wed||Beef Stir Fry|
|Thu||Quick tuna rice|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 140215|
Family Friendly Recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you ben inspired to make something new recently?