Congratulations – the winners are:
One if my goals this year is to lessen my family’s environmental footprint in big ways and small. Waste free lunch gear is certainly a step in the right direction. A Sandwich wrap is such a convenient, useful and beneficial product for me and the planet. Plus my toddler daughter can open it without destroying the sandwich. Win/win/win!
Definitely the snack pockets. They are perfect for the little things I like to tuck into the lunch bag that I end up wrapping in alfoil because I can’t fit another plastic container in!
We have been packing waste lunch boxes for about a year now. There are many things I need to work on in terms of eco foot print, but with the lunch boxes I am very happy that we have a set up that works for us and means there is no rubbish in the lunch box.
4MyEarth have been a long term sponsor of Planning With Kids and we have been happily using there range of products for the last couple of years. 4MyEarth did some calculations to determine how much waste a year could be accumulated from a child’s lunch box:
we have worked out a rough guide as to how much a child would use in plastic wrap based on a sandwich, muffin and nuts/sultanas in their lunch bag each day for a year. We worked it out to be 105meters of plastic wrap that would be dumped into our ever increasing landfill. Times this by a small school of 450 students and it comes to a massive 47’250meters per year!
I ran a giveaway for 4MyEarth at a similar time last year showcasing a new 4MyEarth lunch box set. Brand new it looked like this:
A year on that same set is still in fantastic condition (the youngest did misplace his snack pocket from his original set though!)
The wraps are very easy to keep clean. Before I started using the reusable wraps, I was worried that they would be too much work, but this isn’t the case.
The after school process goes like this:
- The kids bring their lunch boxes to the kitchen bench as soon as they are home.
- While they are having afternoon tea, I unpack the lunch boxes. I do each lunch box one at a time, so I make sure all the wraps are accounted for. It is much easier to locate them if you know whose wrap is missing!
- Wipe the wraps with hot soapy water and let them dry on the rack
- Repack them later that evening.
- Then on an as needs basis I put them all in the washing machine and hang them on the line to dry.
2 x 4MyEarth Lunch Box Sets To Win
Now you have a chance to win a lunch box set from 4MyEarth and send the kids off to school with a waste free lunch box in 2014. I have two sets to giveaway and the sets will include:
- 1 lunch box
- 1 sandwich wrap
- 1 food pocket
- 1 snack pocket
You will be able to choose from prints that are currently in stock. To enter all you need to do is:
- Simply visit the 4MyEarth website and leave a comment stating the product you like best and why.
- The winner will be notified via email. You must have a valid email address to enter. If no response is received with 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- This give away is available to Australian residents only.
- The give away will close 9pm AEDST Friday 17th January 2014.
- Good luck!
And if you want to find out more about 4MyEarth you can find them:
- Website: 4myearth.com.au
- Facebook: facebook.com/4MyEarth
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/4myearth/