The Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre in Glen Waverley is fab place to take the kids during school holidays. It has a range of pools for the kids to enjoy:
- 50 Metre Heated Outdoor Pool
- 25 Metre Heated Indoor Pool
- Learn to Swim Pool (Depth 0.4 – 0.8m)
- Toddler Play Pools
- Warm Water Exercise Pool
- Wave Pool
I have written about Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre previously, which the kids loved, but the Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre actually has Victoria’s largest wave pool.
The kids loved the Monash Wave Pool as they also did Big Board Sessions in the wave pool which were a huge amount of fun. With the big board sessions you take one of the body boards provided with you in the water to ride the bigger waves.
Children under 10 must have an adult with them in the water. If you are taking multiple kids under 10, I recommend having as many adults as you can with you. The waves do get big and you need to keep a very close eye and hand on the little ones.
The Big Board sessions run on school holidays, but you will need to check the website for exact details of times and dates.
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian. Watch Around Water
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water & remain within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- If parent is unable to supervise the under 5 year old in the water the under 5 year old is restricted to the toddlers pool area only.
- The parent / guardian must supervise the under 5 from side of the toddler pool.
Location: 626 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley
Cost: Adult $6.50
Child / Concession $5.00
These prices include access to: 25m, 50m, Warm Water Exercise Pool, Wave Pool, Fun Pools. You have to be be 16 years or older to use Warm Water Exercise Pool.
According to Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre facebook page, they are also having the following activities for Sept/Oct 2013 school holidays:
INFLATABLE MADNESS: 12-4pm Monday – Friday throughout the holidays.
EXPRESS SWIMMING PROGRAM: 30 minute lesson daily throughout the holidays. See reception or program supervisor for times and availability.
FREE TEEN FITNESS: 13 – 17 year old school-goers: Get Active these school holidays and come to the gym or join a group exercise class for FREE.
What are you up to these school holidays?