This giveaway has now closed. Congratulations to – Fiona, Kirsten W and Nicola McGowan.
I love trail mix and my kids do too. However due to the nuts included in the mix I had been making, the kids were unable to take it to school.
So I decided to make a more simplified version which is nut free that could be included in the kids’ lunch boxes.
My oven is very temperamental at the moment and this batch came out slightly darker than I would have liked. If your oven isn’t working well on low temps, try keeping the oven door slightly ajar to prevent it from burning the mix.
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 1½ cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup goji berries
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 85 degrees Celsius. This needs to be baked slowly on a low temperature so as to not burn it and keep in the goodness.
- Line two large trays with baking paper.
- Add the coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into a large bowl and mix.
- Combine the coconut oil and cinnamon and then pour over the seeds. Mix well with a large metal spoon.
- Pour the seed mixture onto the trays and place into the oven. Bake for around 10 - 15 minutes. The coconut flakes will start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for about an hour.
- Sprinkle with goji berries when cool, then store the trail mix in an airtight glass container.
Funch Lunch Box Snacks Giveaway
I love hearing about women who identify a problem and set about creating a solution based business. This is exactly what two friends Tanya Duncan and Lisa Bourne did. The Melbourne based mums agreed there was a constant, and usually unrewarding challenge to find healthy, nutritious snacks for their kids, especially when it came to school lunches.
As lovers of food, but also sharing an interest in the ‘healthy options’ when it came to food choices, Tanya and Lisa set about investigating how they could make healthy, nutritious and delicious food available to all parents. Funch.com.au was born!
Funch sells a range of home-baked and pre-packed snacks for kids’ lunch boxes or to have on hand for after-school or whenever a healthy snack is needed. Funch helps solve the lunch box problem as:
- Funch is real food – snacks full of natural, healthy ingredients.
- Funch snacks have been developed with a dietician, so they not only fuel the body but feed the brain.
- Funch comes in ideal portion sizes, and individually packaged for kids lunch boxes, after school and weekend snacks.
- Funch is simple to use; you order online, Funch delivers to your door.
Funch’s Melbourne delivery area is the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. You can read the full details and rated for delivery outside of this area here, but in brief:
Melbourne Deliveries – within Delivery Zone
For customers in areas covered by FUNCH deliveries:
- Delivery is FREE for orders over $30
- $6.95 for orders between $15-$30
- $10.00 for orders less than $15
And the team at Funch wish to giveaway 3 x Weekly Funch Packs For 3 Children to readers of Planning With Kids valued at $54 each. The 3 Weekly Funch Packs are comprised of:
40 Snacks for the week. Each week we will include different snacks from the Funch home-baked range including: Chocy Pop, Sweetie Pop, Air Pop, Sneaky Slice, Carrot Cake Muffin, Chocolate Muffin, Strawberry Muffin, Apple and Cinnamon Muffin, Chocolate FJs, Apricot and Coconut FJs, Funchy Bars and Mini Loaves.
For your chance to win:
- Visit the Funch website and then come back here and leave a comment noting the product you like most and why
- You must have a valid email address to enter. If no response is received with 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- This giveaway is available to Australian residents only and you must be within the Funch delivery are as noted here or delivery fees will apply.
- The giveaway will close 9pm AEST Monday 7th Ocotber 2013.