I have had a number of attempts at making a nut free chocolate ball and this one is my best so far. I took some along to my daughter’s netball presentation and they were happily eaten by our table.
- ¾ cup pepitas
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¾ cup goji Berries
- 1 ½ cup dried Apricots
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 additional cup desiccated coconut (for coating)
- Soak the goji berries for an hour in hot water.
- Place the pepitas, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in a food processor and process until a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Once soaked and drained add the goji berries to the food processor. Roughly chop the apricots and add them to the food processor as well.
- Blend for a minute or so then scrape down the sides and blend again until the mixture is well combined.
- Finally add in the cacao powder and ¾ cup coconut and blend until well combined. You will need to stop, scrape down and blend again a couple of times.
- Roll into balls and coat in coconut.
- Allow to set in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- I like to store these in the freezer, then simply take them out in the morning and pack them for the kids' school lunches. This way they are still lovely and firm for them when it comes to recess.
What about you? Have you been experimenting in the kitchen lately?