This is such a tasty salad. it is a favourite of mine for lunch. The amount in the ingredients listed in the recipe will make three lunches for me. I simply keep the dressing aside and add it to the salad before I eat it.
Mostly though, I will make this on the weekend and whichever kids are around will have it for lunch too.
The recipe uses hard boiled eggs. I use my egg cooker to whip them up easily and with no fuss. This egg cooker and steamer was one of the best $20 purchases I have made in a long time. I would use it multiple times a week.
- 6 eggs
- 6 rashes bacon
- 120 grams baby spinach
- 50 grams cooked onion (about half an onion)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Hard boil the eggs using your preferred method. I adore my egg cooker!
- Cook the bacon as you like it. I oven bake mine.
- Peel the eggs. I find if I am doing this straight after they have cooked, putting them in some cold water so you can handle them works well.
- Chop the eggs into about 8 - 12 pieces depending on the size of eggs you used.
- Chop the bacon into thin short strips.
- In a bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.
- If you are serving the salad warm, heat the onion up in the microwave so it is warm too. Mix the onion and bacon together, so they are easier to mix when you put the salad together.
- Place the baby spinach onto a large serving plate.
- Top with bacon and onion and gently mix.
- Pour dressing onto the salad and gently toss through.
- Add egg to the top and it is ready to eat!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Some old favourites chosen by the kids in the menu plan this week. If you are new to the blog, be sure to check out the Mexibake recipe and Slow Cooker Bolognese recipe – both have been incredibly popular with readers.
Week Commencing 24th August
|Sun||Chicken sticks and salad
|Mon||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Tue||Roast chicken and vegetables|
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 24th Aug|
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.